EXCLUSIVE: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist is seen four years after he and his ISIS-loving wife massacred 14 of his co-workers – and she is STILL fighting the DOJ to get his $280,000 life insurance policy
- Rafia Farook, 66, the mother of San Bernardino terrorist Syed Farook, is seen for the first time, days after the four-year anniversary of the massacre by her son
- Her son and her daughter-in-law Tashfeen Malik killed 14 people and injured 22 at a Christmas party on December 2, 2015 before they were stopped by cops
- Rafia shared a home in Redlands, California, with her son, his ISIS-following wife, and their daughter – who is now with a foster family
- She has always insisted that she did not notice their increasing radicalization or know their plans, despite bombs being made in the home
- Rafia refused to discuss her mass-murderer son with DailyMailTV but said she was doing ‘OK’ four years on
- She is now battling the Justice Department to get Farook’s $280,000 life insurance policy of which she was the primary beneficiary
The mother of San Bernardino terrorist Syed Farook has been pictured by DailyMailTV just days after the four-year anniversary of the massacre by her son and her daughter-in-law at a Christmas party.
But she told investigators that she had no idea he was plotting a terrorist attack – even though the couple built some of the small bombs later used in the December 2, 2015 massacre at the home.
The spree killed 14 and injured 22, almost all of them colleagues of Farook’s at the San Bernardino Department of Public Health.
Farook, 32, and Pakistan-born Malik, 28, were gunned down by cops as they attempted to flee the scene in a rented Ford Expedition SUV.
DailyMailTV spotted Rafia Farook, 66, the mother of San Bernardino terrorist Syed Farook, just days after the fourth anniversary of the massacre by her son
Rafia’s son Syed Farook, 32, and her daughter-in-law Tashfeen Malik killed 14 people and injured 22 at a Christmas party on December 2, 2015
Rafia Farook was seen arriving at a local mosque Friday in the rain accompanied by her other son Syed Raheel, 34, (far right) and her husband Syed Sr., 70
Rafia is now battling the Justice Department over Farook’s $280,000 life insurance policy of which she was the primary beneficiary
Exclusive DailyMailTV photos show Rafia Farook arriving at a local mosque on Friday in the rain.
She, her other son Syed Raheel, 34, and her husband Syed Sr., 70, were there for afternoon prayers.
Approached by DailyMailTV, Rafia refused to discuss her mass murderer son but said she was doing ‘OK’ four years on.
Rafia, who now lives with Syed Raheel in Corona, California, has always insisted that she did not notice Farook and Malik’s increasing radicalization or have any idea of their plans, and was caring for their baby daughter on the day of the atrocity.
The little girl, who was six months old when she was orphaned, was removed by Child Protective Services immediately after the shooting and is now understood to be living with a foster family.
Syed Raheel also refused to comment on the slaughter when spoken to by DailyMailTV but did say that the family is now trying to move on.
That would appear to be a forlorn hope with Syed Raheel, Tatiana and Rafia herself all facing court next year.
Rafia is battling the Justice Department over Farook’s $280,000 life insurance policy of which she was the primary beneficiary.
Insurers Minnesota Life Insurance paid out shortly after the attack but the funds were held by court after the Justice Department attempted to have the cash seized as proceeds of crime.
Rafia is continuing to fight attempts by the federal government to retain the payout.
She says that because she did not know her son was going to commit an act of terror, there is no reason for the money not to be paid.
Rafia’s other son Syed Raheel and his Russian wife Tatiana will appear in court next year to be sentenced after they pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit immigration fraud Brother of San Bernardino shooter arrested, marriage fraudLoaded: 0%Progress: 0%0:00PreviousPlaySkipMuteCurrent Time0:00/Duration Time2:13FullscreenNeed Text